Mind-Body Intelligence: How to Manage Your Mind Using Biofeedback & Mindfulness
The book is based on the coaching material I developed for clients. It provides foundational reading for online training material used by my clients who rent biofeedback devices for home use.
Do you ever feel like your mind is out of control, overwhelming you with racing thoughts, painful emotions, or impulses to endless activity? In Mind-Body Intelligence, I propose that emotional wellbeing and optimal mental performance are based on skills and abilities in regulating the physiology that underlies mental states. I call these mind-body skills, and they include:
- ability to access positive emotion and motivation
- ability to calm the body, and to let go of negative emotions and cravings
- clear, stable and relaxed focus, concentration and thinking.
Inside the book you'll discover:
- Underlying patterns common to self-regulation problems from stress, anxiety and low mood to brain fog and fatigue.
- The common mistake that actually amplifies the stress response.
- The science behind the mind-body connection and how it can be effectively applied with biofeedback & neurofeedback.
- Why breathing is right at the heart of self-control challenges and solutions.
- Practical models that offer a framework for understanding challenges and solutions.
- The preconditions for "flow" - states of optimal functioning and self-control.
- How attentional flexibility is key to mind-body regulation, and how it can be trained using mindfulness, an ancient form meditation practice.
- How biofeedback actually supports mindfulness in spite of apparent contradictions.
- Different forms of biofeedback and neurofeedback, and how their individual strengths combine to create an integrated programme of optimal breathing training.
"the best introduction/background to meditation/mindfulness I have ever read"
- Paul Hampson, Meditator and UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
How to Manage Your Mind Using
Biofeedback & Mindfulness
by Glyn Blackett
DOWNLOAD FREE CHAPTERS
Sign up to receive the free book chapters by email.
If you already have a user account, you can access the content by logging in.
Otherwise please complete this short form: