Stress Management Coaching
My strategy for working with problems linked to stress such as anxiety, irritability, fatigue, brain fog and low mood, is to help you access resourceful states such as calm, clear focus and emotional positivity, and in particular to access the body physiology that supports them.
My role is teacher, trainer and coach: creating the optimal learning context for you to develop your skills and resources and achieve your goals.
Coaching is the art and science of facilitating learning and development, and behaviour and lifestyle change.
The core elements of coaching are:
- Setting up goals that capture your vision for what you want to become, and yet are specific and achievable
- Training and developing the skills and resources you'll need to achieve your goals
- Helping you apply your learning in the actual contexts of your life.
- Building and supporting your motivation
- Resolving obstacles such as difficult feelings (e.g. anxiety, cravings) and inner conflicts, as they arise.
Coaching is not the same as counselling or psychotherapy. It doesn't focus on the past or sources of pain, and it's not about telling you what to do. Rather it's a personalized process focused on learning so that you can find your own solutions.
My personal coaching approach is founded on some key tools:
- positive psychology (the science of wellbeing)
- mindfulness (a tool for training attention)
- biofeedback and neurofeedback for training mind-body intelligence, and in particular optimal breathing for stress regulation.
What Is Positive Psychology Coaching?
Positive psychology is the science of optimal functioning, happiness and well-being. Well-being isn't just feeling good but entails a set of skills and resources such as self-awareness, emotional resilience and emotional intelligence. Positive psychology offers a set of research-proven tools and methods for training and developing these resources.
What Is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a way of training attention, focus and self-awareness. At the heart of mindfulness practice is a mindset of allowing qualities to develop through openness, trust and imagination rather than willpower and problem-solving.
HOW TO BREATHE WELL FOR:
- Stress relief
- Emotional well-being
- Optimal brain performance
A series of 5 short videos by emailGet Free Access Now
"I was suffering from insomnia, aches in the body and constant anxiety. My anxiety was so bad that I couldn’t sit watching a film without ironing at the same time. My perception of life was more gray than full of colour.
"Glyn helped me with biofeedback relaxation techniques, combined with NLP methods that helped me develop more control, and a sense of a more positive future. Thanks to his empathy and patience I now sleep like a log, the pains in my body have vanished and I can even enjoy watching a film without ironing."